Personal Attention To Your Construction Law Needs In Idaho
Tried and true. Collectively, the attorneys at McConnell Wagner Sykes + Stacey, PLLC have over 80 years of experience practicing construction law and litigating construction disputes. We have also been recognized as some of the leading construction attorneys in the Northwest. Whether you are a contractor, supplier, owner, surety or developer, you will be represented by attorneys who are completely integrated in construction law and the construction industry.
Through our many years of experience and active participation in construction industry trade associations we maintain a working knowledge of critical business and legal issues affecting the construction industry. This firsthand industry knowledge eliminates the cost and time of a “learning curve” and allows our attorneys to provide effective legal advice from your first contact through resolution. The construction lawyers at MWSS+ have successfully represented our clients on many of the largest construction projects and in many of the most important construction cases to take place in Idaho during this millennium.
MWSS+ lawyers are well-versed in all aspects of construction law including:
- Experience and familiarity with the Idaho Contractor Registration Act
- Bid preparation
- Bid protests
- Contract drafting, modification, negotiation, and review of construction related documentation and agreements regardless of payment structure (i.e., fixed price, time and material, cost-plus, cost-plus with guaranteed maximum price, unit price agreements, etc.) or the type of project delivery system (i.e., design-bid build, design build, construction management, engineering procurement and construction (“EPC”), engineering procurement and construction management (“EPCM”), joint venture, etc.)
- Experience and familiarity with standard form agreements including: AIA (American Institute of Architects), AGC (Associated General Contractors of America), DBIA (Design-Build Institute of America), Consensus Documents, and EJCDC (Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee)
- Project consultation, representation and legal guidance Experience and familiarity with state and federal construction laws and regulations
- Default and convenience terminations
- Construction Disputes
- Preparation and presentation of REA (requests for equitable adjustment) and other construction claims
- Construction Liens and lien foreclosures
- State and federal public works disputes
- Payment and performance bond claims
- Design defect claims
- Surety defense and indemnification claims
- Construction defect litigation
- Warranty disputes
- CGL (comprehensive general liability) insurance claims
- Professional liability insurance claims
- Builder’s risk insurance claims
MWSS+ operates locally, statewide in Idaho, nationally and internationally from our Boise law offices.