- Associate Attorney
Michael Pope (“Mike”) is a seasoned civil litigator and courtroom attorney, having appeared before all Courts in Idaho, including the Idaho Supreme Court, on a variety of matters, primarily in insurance defense litigation. For almost four years Mike was the Idaho attorney for a major insurance company representing insureds in personal injury and property damage matters from case inception to resolution through settlement, mediation, or trial. Mike’s practice now includes construction and business litigation, personal injury law, contract matters, and real estate law for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Mike graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and a minor in Canadian Studies. In 1996, Mike obtained a Paralegal Certificate from the Denver Paralegal Institute and went to work for a major law firm in Dallas, Texas representing victims of asbestos exposure. Mike received his Juris Doctor in 2000 from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California. He then clerked for Fifth Judicial District Judge Nathan W. Higher in Jerome, Gooding, and Twin Falls, Idaho. Mike then returned to Boise and began working for a small insurance defense law firm.
Mike enjoys traveling to live musical performances and watching hockey.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Real Property
- Personal Injury
- Idaho, 2007
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Denver Paralegal Institute, Denver, Colorado
- ABA-Approved Paralegal Certificate - 1996
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Canadian Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Boise Adjusters Association, Member, 2000 to 2015
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to 2016
Past Employment Positions
- Garrett Richardson, PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2018 to 2020
- Blaser, Oleson & Lloyd Chartered, Litigation Attorney, 2017 to 2018
- Allstate Insurance Company, Senior Trial Attorney, 2011 to 2015